SPINDLE BEARING GREASE
Synthetic High Speed Spindle Bearing Grease
Berutox FB 22 – Synthetic High Speed Spindle Bearing Grease
Developed by BECHEM Germany for high speed applications and bearings, Berutox FB 22 delivers unmatched performance in terms of lubricating life even under extreme temperatures and operating conditions.
With Barium complex soap as thickener and Polyalphaolefin (PAO) base oil, Berutox FB 22 provides superior corrosion and wear protection. Supplemented with an advanced additive package, the high speed grease also possesses superior load carrying capability as well as ability to absorb vibrations and shock loads.
Recommended for bearings of high speed spindles
Greases play an important role in the reliability and life of bearings in machine tool spindles. Typically angular contact ball bearings, cylindrical roller bearings and sometimes special bearings are used in these machine spindles. The grease is expected to ensure smooth transmission of load and achieve separation of the rolling elements from bearing rings.
|Product||Base Oil||Service Temp ℃||Consistency||Buy Online|
|Berutox FB 22||Polyalphaolefin (PAO)||-40 to 180|
(Short terms +200 ℃)
Why BECHEM Berutox FB 22 – High Speed Spindle Bearing Grease?
1. Recommended for high speed spindles.
• Berutox FB 22 has reached a speed factor of 1.7 million at the FAG WS 22 test rig*
2. Minimum residue formation once service life and temperature range is exceeded
• Barium complex thickener leave least amount of residues after serving their useful life time
3. Inherent capability to absorb heavy loads and vibration
• Extreme pressure additives offer good lubrication under medium to high loads
4. Berutox FB 22 ensures quieter bearing operation
• Special manufacturing process ensures controlled particle size of additives and thickener in the grease thereby resulting in quieter bearing operation
5. ‘Synthetic Polyalphaolefin (PAO)’ base oil ensures extended service life
• Recommended for ‘lubricated for life bearings’ that demand fully synthetic base oil in grease
• FB 22 is compatible with commonly used sealing and cage materials in bearings
6. Smooth structure of FB 22 ensures minimal internal friction, translating to reduced start-up torque and therefore less temperature buildup
• Nominal increase in bearing temperature by 26.3 ℃ at spindle speed of 40,000 RPM observed over 24 hours
7. FB 22 provides excellent resistance to ‘alkaline coolant’ attacks by repelling water and coolant combination
• Barium complex thickener is highly resistant to water and coolant attack
• Berutox FB 22 provides superior corrosion protection. Has achieved an Emcor corrosion rating of 0/0, the highest corrosion protection capacity for grease
Recommended Case Studies on Berutox FB 22 Spindle Bearing Grease
Berutox FB 22 – Synthetic high speed spindle bearing grease to the rescue of high speed bearings.
The bearing failures resulted in undesired production downtime and a constant worry to the Maintenance Department. The bearing failures resulted in undesired production downtime and a constant worry to the Maintenance Department.
Frequently asked lubricant questions (FAQ)
Greases are made by mixing a solid material, called a thickener, with a base oil and property enhancing additives; but it’s the oil that forms the lubrication film. For better understanding, grease thickener can be thought of as a sponge saturated with oil. Moving parts squeeze the oil out of the sponge like thickener for forming the lubrication film. Typically, the base oil constitutes the largest proportion of grease weight at about 80-90%, followed by thickener at 10 to 20% and additives under 10%.
Dropping point of a lubricating grease is an indicator of the heat resistance of the grease. and is the temperature at which the grease is no more a thickened lubricating medium. The dropping point indicates the upper temperature limit at which a grease retains its structure, not the maximum temperature at which a grease may be used.
Few greases have the ability to regain their original structure after cooling down from the dropping point.
The most important feature of a grease is its consistency. A grease that is too stiff may not get pumped into areas requiring lubrication. While a grease that is too fluid may leak out. Grease consistency depends on the type and amount of thickener used and the viscosity of its base oil. A grease consistency is its resistance to deformation by an applied force.
The measure of consistency is called penetration. Penetration depends on whether the consistency has been altered by working. Standard test procedures established by American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM) and accepted by industry are ASTM D 217 and D 1403, measure penetration of unworked and worked greases.
The NLGI has established consistency numbers ranging from 000 to 6, corresponding to specified ranges of penetration distance of the standard cone into the test grease. Table below lists the NLGI grease classifications along with a description of the consistency of each classification.
Viscosity: It is a measure of resistance to flow of a lubricating oil.
Viscosity index: It is defined as rate of change of viscosity with respect to temperature.
- It is the most important property which determines the performance of lubricating oils under the influence of temperature
- A lubricating oil should have sufficient viscosity to retain a lubricating film on the surface
- On machine part moving at slow speeds under high pressures, a high viscous oil should be used as it better resists being squeezed out from between the rubbing parts. Light oils can be used for lower pressures and high speeds.
- It is not possible to maintain a liquid oil film between two moving or sliding surfaces if the viscosity is too low and hence excessive wear will occur.
The pour point of an oil is the minimum temperature at which the oil turns into semi solid and almost losses its flow characteristic. At low temperatures, the viscosity of the oil will be very high, causing the oil to resist flow. This is important in equipment that operates in a cold environment or handles cold fluids.
Get in Touch
Need more information on product specifications, applications or trials? Our expert team is ready to answer your queries.